We’ve selected issues that are of particular interest to millennials this upcoming election season.
Here’s Martin O’Malley on the issues.
- Energy independence: O’Malley wants to have a complete transition to renewable energy and end American reliance on fossil fuels by 2050.
- Gun control: O’Malley wants to ban assault weapons, limit clip size, and require fringerprinting. He also believes in toughening the enforcement of current gun laws.
- Healthcare: O’Malley is an advocate of the Affordable Care Act, and he would continue to build on it. He wants to encourage states to adopt comprehensive payment reforms to save the states money on Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Jobs and the economy: O’Malley is a proponent of a Clean Energy Economy. This means he believes that by empowering our economy through clean energy developments it will strengthen our economy.
- LGBT issues: O’Malley is proud supporter of LGBT rights. He emphasizes that we must continue anti-bullying efforts and put into place federal non-discrimination protections.
- Minimum wage: O’Malley wants the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour.
- Tuition and student loans: O’Malley believes that Congress must allow students to refinance their debt and lower student loan interest rates. Additionally, he believes that the government should cap the monthly payments on students’ loans.
- Welfare systems: O’Malley is an advocate of welfare to work and raising the Earned Income tax credit.
In case you missed our other cheat sheets, here they are: